This product has now been discontinued and replaced with Hughes Healthcare Rapid Covid Lateral Flow Swab Test Kits Other options available to order online are…
- Hughes Healthcare Test Kits (Pre-filled) x 25/pack
- Hughes Healthcare Individual Test Kits x 10 or 25/pack
- Swiss Point of Care Test Kits (Non-Prefilled) x 25/pack
See more information on the full range of nose only LFT for sale on our dedicated rapid covid supplies website.
Encompass has a stock of COVID lateral flow test kits for sale, in packs of 25. Supplied by the world-renowned and respected pharmaceutical supplier, Roche Diagnostics, these COVID 19 Rapid Tests are reliable and give results quickly. Buy your COVID lateral flow test kit today and have the assurance of knowing whether you have coronavirus or not. For a lower-cost option, we also have the Hughes Healthcare Flowflex COVID test kits, which like the Roche kits also hold a range of approvals like the CE mark.
What is a Lateral Flow Rapid Test for COVID 19 (SARS-CoV-2/Coronavirus)?
Rapid SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Tests allow for reliable testing to be done in a scalable and flexible way taking only 15 – 20 minutes per test with 99.05% Specificity and 96% Accuracy. From trusted Swiss pharmaceutical company Roche, these lateral flow antigen test kits offer a relatively inexpensive COVID-19 testing solution for many organisations and individuals. As these rapid tests are easily accessible, they enable large-scale testing. This is crucial in the fight against SARS-CoV-2 as The UK National Health Service struggles under the weight of the increasing patient load in the face of the new COVID-19 viral variant discovered in December 2020.
Are Rapid COVID Tests Approved and Reliable?
These tests have been approved for use and are CE Marked with a shelf life of 12 months. The University of Oxford and Public Health England have done extensive research and clinical evaluations of lateral flow antigen tests and have stated that they are accurate and sensitive enough to be used as a reliable test in the community. They found that the rapid turnaround lateral flow tests were even able to provide reliable results for asymptomatic patients. Read the Oxford University Article on their findings. See below for detailed instructions on how to use this Roche COVID-19 Rapid Test Kit.
Need a Testing Station Package for your organisation? Buy our convenient COVID-19 Rapid Testing Station Package Today!
Instructions for Use and Administration of Rapid Lateral Flow Antigen COVID-19 Test.
- Insert the swab into the nostril of the patient. Swab tib should be inserted up to 2.5 cm (1inch) from the edge of the nostril. Roll the Swab (5) times along the mucosa inside the nostril to ensure both mucus and cells are collected. Repeat for the other nostril.
- Twist off the top of the buffer bottle and slowly dispense all of the buffer liquid into the extraction tube.
- Insert collected nasal swab specimen into the tube and plunge the swab up and down in the fluid for a minimum of 20 seconds, then hold the swab against the bottom of the tube and roll 5 times, taking care not to splash the contents out of the tube.
- Remove the swab while squeezing the sides of the tube to extract the liquid from the swab. Press the nozzle cap provided firmly onto the extraction tube containing the processed sample. Mix thoroughly by swirling or flicking the bottom of the tube. Place the extraction tube in a rack.
- Tear off the foil pouch and take out the test strip/cassette and place the test kit on a clean and level surface. Label the test device and one extraction tube for each specimen to be tested. Gently squeeze the tube to dispense 3 drops of the processed specimen into the sample well on the test strip/cassette.
- Let the test process for 15-20 minutes to see results. (do not read after 20 minutes)
How to Read My Rapid Lateral Flow Test Results on the Strip/Cassette?
See the Below images that show how to read your results: